Fuerte Group has been committed to responsible tourism for over 50 years, meaning the Group can exist side by side with the surrounding environment and the cultural and socio-economic backdrop.
All our hotels approach sustainability as a guiding principle and implement new management systems that mitigate our impact on the environment in addition to boosting the local economy and culture.
We also focus on individual well-being, including that of our customers, employees and disadvantaged groups.
Each year, our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report is edited, which includes a summary of the main socio-cultural, economic and environmental initiatives undertaken by establishments over the course of the year.
Thanks to our commitment with the Spanish Global Compact Network we have submitted our Communication on Progress (COP), a report where we state our continued support to the UN Global Compact an its 10 principles, including a description of actions or relevant policies related to Human Rights, Labour, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
As part of El Fuerte Group’s sustainable tourism and environmental respect strategy, one indicator that is subject to particular control is our carbon footprint, which indicates the amount of CO2 released into the atmosphere in relation to hotel activities undertaken and is expressed in tonnes or kilograms of CO2 per customer. In addition to the ecological footprint and energy consumption calculations.
It is possible to go on a virtual tour of the sustainability measures employed by El Fuerte Group, with all activities undertaken by the company in each part of the hotel shown in graphic form, so that customers also understand and get involved in environmental protection and respect initiatives.
Fundación Fuerte is the melting pot of humanitarian activities at Grupo El Fuerte and focuses on helping individuals at risk of social exclusion, organising cultural events and environmental awareness raising campaigns.
- • Use of solar energy.
- • Projects to optimise our energy efficiency (changeover to LED type bulbs in over 90% of the hotel’s installations).
- • Ecological kitchen garden.
- • Use of xeriscaping techniques in gardens to save water.
- • Fuerte Experiences that promote local culture: gazpacho workshop (for preparing a local dish), cultural tour of Marbella’s historical old town, flamenco classes, etc.
- • 100% ecological waterproofing.
- • Use of silicate based mineral paints (with natural elements).
- • Calculation of ecological footprint and carbon footprint indicators to learn about our environmental impact.
- • Automatic sensors to switch off air conditioning when windows are opened.
- • Automatic card system to activate electricity in the room.
- • Double glazing.
- • Building architecture to make full use of natural light.
- • Sheets and towels changed when requested by the guest.
- • Dual flush systems fitted to toilets.
- • Recycling of paper and cardboard, glass, aluminium, plastics and other waste. Composting of some pruning waste.
- • Regional cuisine, with seasonal products sourced locally.
- • Our hotel is fitted with solar panels that help us to save energy. We also use solid hypochlorite to generate natural chlorine.
- • TUI Top Quality Award.
- • Hotel recommended by HolidayCheck.
- • Highly Commended in the Best Hotel Category by Marbella Rocks.
- • Certificate of Excellence of Tripadvisor.
- • Amàre Marbella Beach Hotel has been awarded with a Loved by Guests Certificate Hoteles.com.
- • Travel republic hotel award.
- • TUI Top Quality Award.
- • Guest Review Awards Booking: 9,1 out of 10.
- • Holiday Check.
- • Amàre Marbella receives the Tripadvisor certificate of excellence.
- • Included in the “Hot List” of fashionable hotels in the world by the magazine Conde Nast Traveler.
- • Best in Stay Elite Hotel 2015 by Orbitz Worldwide customers.
- • Amàre Marbella nominated to the Gold List Conde Nast Traveler in the category of Best Resort in Spain.
- • Fuerte Hoteles has, at FITUR 2016, become a signatory to the WTO’s Global Code of Ethics for Tourism, as well as the Spanish Network of the United Nations’ Global Compact, both fundamental frameworks of reference for responsible and sustainable tourism, based on a set of ethical principles covering human rights, labour laws, the environment and the fight against corruption, in line with the Sustainable Development Objectives (SDO). Fuerte Hoteles subsequently participated in a project coordinated by both organisations – the Spanish Global Compact Network and the World Tourism Organization entitled Responsible tourism, everybody’s commitment along with other Spanish entities. This project highlighted the role played by tourism companies in achieving the SDOs, and developing corporate social responsibility practices. On the 19th of September, a site was launched with an e-publication, video testimonials and a compilation of best practices.
- • El Fuerte Group is awarded the Seville ABC Corporate Track Record prize, an award given by the Economics section with sponsorship from Banco Sabadell. The recognition emphasises the value of the company, as it is one of very few hotel chains with 100% Andalusian capital.
- • Fuerte Hoteles receives the Award of Excellence with an average score of 8.5 in their hotels from Booking.com.
- • Fuerte Hoteles is the most influential chain in Andalucia in Twitter according to the study “Top Hotel Brands in Spain“.
- • All our hotels receive the Certificate of Excellence of Tripadvisor.
- • All our hotels receive the HolidayCheck Quality Selection.
- • All our hotels receive the Top Families Marbella of Trivago.
- • Fuerte Marbella is named Best (Beachfront Hotel) Marbella.
- • All our hotels recieve the Holiday Check Quality Selection.
- • Fuerte Hoteles wins the “Socially Responsible Company”, award as presented by the Provincial Council of Málaga in order to acknowledge those entities committed to ethic al codes of conduct and those regarding social responsibility.
- • Isabel Mª García is recognised for her “Professional Experience in the Tourism Sector of the Costa del Sol”, by the Costa del Sol Hotel Entrepreneurs Association (AEHCOS).
- • Isabel Mª García is presented the Andalusia Medal, by the President of the Regional Government of Andalusia, José Antonio Griñán, in recognition of her proffesional experience.
- • “Hotel Order of Merit” prize awarded by the Executive Committee of the Spanish Confederation of Hotels and Tourist Accommodation (CEHAT) at the Spanish Hotel Entrepreneurs Conference held in Santiago de Compostela.
- • First SUR.ES prize for best website, awarded by Diario SUR, the regional newspaper of Málaga.
- • The Clara Campoamor Prize, is conferred upon our President by the Andalusian Spanish Socialist Workers “Party (PSOE) to commemorate the 15th edition of International Women´s Day.
- • Our President achieves the II Victoria Award, a commemoration bestowed by the Professional and Association of Professional and Business Women of Málaga (Amupema) to a woman who stands out due to her social, financial and intellectual commitment on a professional international scale.
- • The Association of Professional and Business Women of Málaga presents our President the second edition of the Victoria Award.
- • The Andalusia Association of Hotel Directors acknowledges Fuerte Hoteles dedication to tourism excellence.
- • The Department of Employment of the Autonomous Regional Government of Andalusia presents Isabel Mª García with the Gold Employment Medal.
- • The City Council of Marbella and the Small and Medium Enterprise Assembly present José Luque with a plaque in light of World Tourism Day in acknowledgement of his dedication to tourism.
- • First place for Tourism Company International Strategy 2006. Said Commemoration was granted by students in their third year of degrees in Tourism taking the subject “The Tourism Company International Strategy” organized by the Company Management and Marketing Department of the Faculty of Business Studies belonging to the University of Huelva.
- • Andalusia Tourism Award 2006 granted by the Autonomous Regional Government of Andalusia (In the category of excellence in management, awarded for their leading position to the business sector, their exemplary human resources training, constant commitment to tourism services and dedication to raising environmental awareness).
- • Fuerte Conil is presented with ACCESIT VIII Tourism Award of the Tegion of la Janda 06.
- • Family-Company Award of the province of Málaga, granted by the Chair of the Family Company of the International Institute of San Telmo.
- • Fuerte Hoteles is granted the Trajano award for the best business initiative in the Young person´s category of Andalusia.
- • Fuerte Hoteles is named the top Company of Marbella by the Marbella Tourism Initiative Centre.
- • Fuerte Hoteles is a finalist of the Entrepreneurs Award 1998 conceded by the newspaper, Cinco Días and Ernst & Young, as well as being named the top company in the province of Málaga by the magazine, Actualidad Económica.
- • Fuerte Hoteles is granted the flag of Andalusia (homour conceded by the Regional Autonomous Government of Andalusia) thanks to their investment in the Conil de la Frontera Project.
- • Thomson Holidays awards the hotel a prize for being the safest hotel in the Andalusia-Costa del Sol holiday destination.
- • Hotel El Fuerte is the first Spanish resort to receive the UNE-EN ISO 9002 certification.
- • Hotel El Fuerte is granted the Diario Sur award 95 in their tourism section.
- • The renowned magazine, National Geographic expressly references Hotel El Fuerte as an example of the positive evolution of Contemporary Spain.